Fio Corporation is an innovative Canadian healthcare technology and research company operating at the intersection between healthcare delivery and data. Fio works with public and private sector clients to overcome quality, connectivity and data challenges in today’s increasingly decentralised healthcare landscape.
Fio is headquartered in Toronto, Canada. We have global operations in Africa, Southeast Asia, Latin America, and India.
As Assay Development Technologist, you will be part of a team which performs work related to design, development, clinical validation of the Company’s diagnostic system and related tests. You will work under the direction of the Senior Director, Diagnostics. As a key member of the Assay Development team, you will work closely with other team members, as well as other cross-functional teams, to ensure that all products are developed and tested to meet the highest performance standards. Clear communication of progress and results within the team and Company will be essential.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Hands-on bench work related to design, development, verification and validation of the company’s diagnostic system and related tests.
- Throughout the product development lifecycle, execute procedures, experimental designs, study protocols, test plans and SOPs, and accurately document test results.
- Participate in developing policies and processes and procedures to meet ISO 13485 and QSR compliance within the Company’s quality system.
- Conducting inventory management of laboratory consumables and biological sample inventory, monthly lab inspections and routine lab maintenance
- From time to time, conduct logistical tasks and related corporate duties
- Maintaining and operating standard laboratory equipment including calibration schedules as required
- Preparing specimens and samples; ensuring appropriate sample disposal processes are adhered to
- Assist as required to troubleshoot, investigate and document poorly performing analytical methods and procedures to identify root causes for failure.
Your Core Strengths
- B.Sc. in biological sciences or related disciplines with 4+ years of relevant industrial experience preferably in the development of immuno and/or nucleic acid assays for clinical applications.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art clinical assay technologies for immuno-and nucleic acid
- Working knowledge of the ISO 13485, QSR regulations.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team and be adaptable to change.
- Attention to details and a motivation to quickly resolve technical problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Basic understanding of and ability to work in BSL -2 environments.
The information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this role.
Interested candidates may apply HERE.