Fio is seeking to fill the following new position: Content Writer, Technology (Bilingual).
Fio Corporation is the global provider of Fionet™, a system that includes hand-held devices with artificial intelligence to help frontline health workers diagnose and treat like experts, while automatically capturing comprehensive frontline data; it provides real-time analytics and dashboards to remote managers, public health, and policy makers. Fionet transforms the reach, quality, and economics of health care.
Reporting to the Vice President, Product Management, the Content Writer is responsible for shaping and telling Fio’s story to the world. The Content Writer will work closely with Fio’s sales, marketing, product, and quality teams to produce materials comprising, for example, sales documentation, publications, promotional materials, proposals, and presentations (e.g. speeches, PowerPoint presentations), in support of Fio’s business activities in French-speaking African markets.
This is a contract position, initially for six months, and could develop into a permanent role. It is anticipated that the initial requirement will require a commitment of several days a week, although it could fluctuate from week to week, with some weeks requiring more time than others.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Sales Team Support
- Sales proposals
- Grant proposals
- Sales presentations
- Concept notes
Marketing Team Support
- Technical whitepapers
- Product case studies, fact sheets, brochures
- Sector-specific value propositions
- Product presentations
- Promotional material for conferences (e.g. posters)
Product Team Support
- Manuscripts for publication in scientific, trade journals
- Product collateral (e.g. manuals, training guides, FAQs)
- Wordsmithing language within product user interfaces
Other duties as requested by the Vice President, Product Management.
Education, Knowledge/Experience, Skills, Attributes
- 5+ years’ progressive, creative, and technical writing experience
- Must be fluently bilingual, oral and written, in English and French. Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, and/or Swahili is a plus
- Translation certification a plus
- Passion for clear, concise, compelling communication
- Experience shaping corporate messaging a plus
- Works beyond point of delivery to point of impact
- Quick learner; able to absorb new information and transform it into polished, professional, and impactful material
- Able to work independently
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Health science background a plus
- Experience working in quality management system (e.g., ISO 9001/13485) a plus
The information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this role.
Interested candidates may send their CVs to the following email address: careers[at]fio.com
Please use the following subject line in the message: Job Application – Content Writer
Fio is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.