Fio is seeking to fill the following new position: Controller.
Fio Corporation is the global provider of Fionet™, a system that includes hand-held devices with artificial intelligence to help frontline health workers diagnose and treat like experts, while automatically capturing comprehensive frontline data; it provides real-time analytics and dashboards to remote managers, public health, and policy makers. Fionet transforms the reach, quality, and economics of health care.
Fio is seeking an all-star for its newly-created Controller role. S/he is a driven finance, accounting, tax, and operations guru looking to contribute to a young, fast-paced, rapid-growth, global company working directly for the Vice President, Finance, and with the executive team. Significant opportunity for growth. S/he will own financial processes, find key insights, and provide and implement in-depth tax and accounting advice.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Ongoing Operations
- Plan and direct our accounting function.
- Oversee finance team operations, including: daily transactions, cash management, journal entries, invoices, customer statements, payroll, and expenses.
- Financial Reporting
- Lead month-end accounting procedures and all period ended financial reporting and analysis.
- Ensure financial information integrity; develop and monitor accounting policies and controls.
- Engage with external auditors, coordinate activities, manage relationships; oversee timely preparation of month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial statements.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, tax, and reporting requirements for our global operations.
- Management Reporting
- Assist with development of financial dashboards and flash reports.
- Ensure timely release on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Risk Management
- Ensure controls are in place to manage/mitigate key financial and business risks; monitor compliance.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools, and controls systems that are flexible to grow with the business.
Finance and Operations
- Financial and Operational Analysis
- We deploy globally. We strive for operational efficiency and require ongoing development of financial planning and analysis for each deployment so that we can get better at what we do every day.
- With global operations, numbers drive our understanding of our business. We will look to you to ensure accurate, timely, and insightful reporting.
- New business opportunities are plentiful; structured financial evaluation and supportable recommendations are required.
- Pricing and Deal Modeling
- We are in a rapid growth stage. We have large enterprise level deals being negotiated around the globe and need you to help standardize pricing across sectors and segments while keeping margins sacred.
- Financial Planning
- Budgets and Forecasts
- Assist with the financial forecasting process; work with relevant departments, coordinate the sales, production, and inventory forecasts.
- Monitor actual to budget results and report on financial metrics monthly. Initiate corrective actions; help minimize impact where assumptions are different than results.
- Cash Flow
- Determine impact significant transactions will have on the business.
- Assist with cash planning and identify any future headroom issues.
- Budgets and Forecasts
- Where should we put our cash reserves? You will help drive decisions.
- Assist with current equity, debt, and grant funding initiatives.
Tax and Compliance
- Planning and Structuring
- Develop and implement strategies to minimize tax risks and liabilities and optimize tax globally.
- Compliance and Reporting
- Manage tax registrations, returns, filings, and general compliance.
- Manage interactions with external tax advisors and bodies.
- Ensure compliance of all employee and company tax obligations.
- Assist in establishing legal and operational framework in countries where we operate.
Education, Knowledge/Experience, Skills, Attributes
- University degree in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/Administration.
- CPA designation; solid knowledge of GAAP and IFRS.
- 5+ years’ progressive and relevant experience; 2+ years in a similar full cycle accounting role.
- Spreadsheet wizard – you broke excel a few times last year.
- Comfortable with multiple accounting software products.
- You are a DO-er – someone who not only thinks of ideas, but implements them.
- You look at numbers and see opportunities – you will help our business grow.
- You are a top-notch communicator – you write in a clear, detailed, and succinct manner. You listen first.
- Strong leader – able to positively influence others to achieve results.
- Organized – able to set priorities, develop work schedules, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities.
- Problem seeker – many people solve problems, you seek them out.
- Presentation detail evangelist – you have an eye for clean, aesthetically-pleasing reporting.
- Work hard and smart and expect the same of us. We are a lean team and we all get our hands dirty together.
The information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this role.
Interested candidates may send their CVs to the following email address: careers[at]fio.com
Please use the following subject line in the message: Job Application – Controller
Fio is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.