Fio is seeking to fill the following new position: Director of Field Operations.
Fio Corporation is the global provider of Fionet™, a system that includes hand-held devices with artificial intelligence to help frontline health workers diagnose and treat like experts, while automatically capturing comprehensive frontline data; it provides real-time analytics and dashboards to remote managers, public health, and policy makers. Fionet transforms the reach, quality, and economics of health care.
The Director of Field Operations oversees the Project Management Office, the Client Success Program, Technical Service & Support, and global fulfillment partner operations to ensure impactful delivery and ongoing usage of Fionet, Fio’s solutions for improving care and data in decentralized health care settings, globally. The Director, Field Operations, is a leader of people, an operator, technology savvy, and a client advocate.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage deployments of Fionet with excellence
- Develop process and operate the project management office to deploy Fionet, globally
- Liaise with client-based counterparts, HQ-based product development and deployment teams, and Fio’s global fulfillment partners to plan, develop, deliver, support, and continually optimize client services
- Communicate and track deployment requirements across departments (e.g., product development, quality, regulatory, service, production)
- Manage logistics for shipping and importation of products, related components, and collateral
- Monitor Fionet deployments; oversee the Client Success Program to facilitate resolution of challenges encountered and/or escalate major issues
- Liaise with sales and account management to report on deployment progress and management of Fio-client relationships on an as needed basis
- Develop budgeting and financial tracking tools and process to control field operations costs and optimize margins – assist in project cost estimating
- Execute fulfillment partner strategies
- Assist in design of fulfillment partner strategies tailored to country and (sometimes) client context. Assist in the evaluation of candidates and final selection.
- Onboard new fulfillment partners; monitor and report on performance of global fulfillment partners
- Monitor metrics related to fulfillment partner adherence to quality obligations, technology product performance, and complaints; contribute to product refinements and manage process to root cause product and process deficiencies
- Coordinate entry to new countries, and releases of new product to same, by liaising with sales, marketing, regulatory, and product teams
- Manage any preventive maintenance programs as required
- Forecast field operations capacity and resource level to inform new-client delivery commitments, drive production schedules, and department staffing plans
- Travel as often as monthly to engage clients and/or fulfillment partners in global markets, including in Africa, Latin America, India, Southeast Asia
Education, Knowledge/Experience, Skills, Attributes
- 15 years of field operations experience; preferably in emerging and developing markets, preferably for a private sector organization,
- Experience in healthcare or another regulated industry a plus
- Experience serving private and public sector, aid, and NGO clients a plus
- Experience managing distribution channels and/or service & support operations
- Calm under pressure and able to demonstrate a calming influence on others
- Able to quickly establish credibility with clients
- Strong facilitation skills to develop creative solutions with input from internal and external stakeholders
- Strong financial acumen; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- Proficiency in additional languages a plus, e.g., French, Spanish, Kiswahili
Reporting and Working Relationships
Position reports to: Dual reporting to the Vice President, Product Management, and the Chief Technology Officer
Reporting to position: Project managers, client success staff, customer solutions team
The information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this role.
Interested candidates may send their CVs to the following email address: careers[at]fio.com
Please use the following subject line in the message: Job Application – Director of Field Operations
Fio is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.