Fio is the global leader in transforming the reach, quality, and economics of decentralized health care. We work in Africa, Southeast Asia, Latin America, and India, with international donors, ministries of health, insurance companies, and private healthcare operators to enhance the quality of care and data insights across the health care spectrum. Fio is helping improve decentralized healthcare encounters at every level, and injecting valuable insights into global healthcare decision making. We are looking for a creative and passionate team member who will help us blaze new ground in designing AI-powered solutions to major healthcare provision issues.
Are you ready to have your work impact millions of lives and influence the way billions of dollars are spent on healthcare across the globe?
Your main mission will be to provide leadership, strategic direction, and crystal-clear requirements for the look, feel, and behaviour of all end-user facing products and platforms. You will lead a multi-disciplinary team of UX architects, researchers and designers, and clinical stakeholders to build and test user interface designs that meet or exceed customer and stakeholder expectations.
You will be involved in all phases of the design process. Starting from user research (requirements-gathering, outlining various user journeys) to usability testing, and finally working with design and development teams to turn ideas into realities, delivering market-leading health care technology solutions.
What Is Expected of Fio’s UX Director
- You can skillfully manage a team of professionals to unify concepts and produce a vision of our product and the end-user experience. You will:
- Manage a high-performance team of UX Design professionals that embrace creative design and data driven decisions to build exceptional user experiences and products.
- Collaborate with clinical, health management, and technical stakeholders to develop innovative designs to improve engagement on our web and mobile platforms.
- Collaborate with the Product and Leadership Team to define, manage and evolve a clear vision for the user experience practice for Fio’s platform.
- Lead and mentor team and key stakeholders in design driven thinking. Develop, refine, and manage our creative process as it pertains to responsive, product design and Agile development.
- You have a deep understanding of the Fio vision, and effectively pursue our goals through design and branding. You will:
- Ensure consistent and strategic application of brand guidelines across all of our digital platforms.
- Manage all design and information architecture outsourcing projects and vendor relationships.
- Execute design and user flows for new products being developed
- You bring innovation to your Fio experience, anticipating new trends, technologies, and UX advancements. You will:
- Champion effective and innovative research and analytic approaches (ethnographic research, journey mapping, usability, A/B Testing and prototype testing, digital tagging and user data) to understand customer needs to inform product direction.
- Remain at the forefront of current design trends and emerging production technologies/tools.
- Show a deep appreciation for, and understanding of, user experience/product design including research, information architecture, visual design and its impact on technology development.
- You’re an awesome leader, you know how to get the best out of your team
- You’re passionate about your work and it is showcased through your imaginative and innovative ideas
- You thrive on delivering wow creative to clients
- You’re a strategist and creative thinker who thrives at the intersection of data, design, and technology
- You are a strong story teller with excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills
- You can manage multiple projects with ease, meeting all deadlines
- You have a solid understanding of digital marketing and visual design/user interfaces
- You get the big picture…you can capably manage budgets, and oversee and deliver large scale projects
- You thrive in a fast-paced organization
- MFA, BFA or BS in Human Factors, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Psychology or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8-10 years of directly related digital work experience in information design and/or user experience design
- 5+ years of management experience leading teams of designers
- Advanced skills in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Information Architecture experience
- Knowledge of industry design tools (Fio is open to tool selection)
- Knowledge of The Human Interface Guidelines and Material Design Guidelines
- Aware of designing for mobile and web platforms
- Experience in healthcare and experience in developing and emerging markets are strong assets
- Usability training and User experience training an asset
Disclaimer: The information in this profile has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this role.
Interested candidates may apply HERE.