Fio is seeking to fill the following new position: Product Manager, Mobile Health.
Fio Corporation of Toronto, Canada, is a global leader at the intersection of forces reshaping global healthcare: big data aggregation; predictive analytics and insights; artificial intelligence; mobile smart technology; and decentralization of care delivery. Fio innovated and globally markets a scalable solution consisting of AI-powered, hand-held smart-devices integrated with cloud services. The devices enable average frontline healthcare workers to perform diagnostic tests like labs and provide treatment like experts. Simultaneously, the devices automatically upload valuable frontline data to Fio’s cloud, which gives remote supervisors, public health agencies, funders, governments, and industry real-time access to unprecedented insights. These insights eliminate waste, improve care, pinpoint opportunities, and enable rapid response to threats.
Uniquely, Fio has brought such a solution to where most healthcare happens – clinics, offices, and health posts (ie, below the level of hospitals). Fio’s clients include ministries of health, leading private healthcare providers, the US Department of Defense, the Gates Foundation, and leading health technology companies. Fio markets in developed countries and in frontier economies building new healthcare systems.
Fio’s solution can disseminate frontline insights to remote stakeholders overseeing trillions of dollars and millions of health workers, while improving frontline care for billions of people.
Fio is seeking a Product Manager, based in Kenya, to lead product localization to African markets in support of Fio’s introduction of next generation connected health technology to transform frontline healthcare.
The Product Manager will engage healthcare workers and managers at various levels, technology partners, and global health implementation partners to gather intelligence informing product and market strategies. The Product Manager will translate these strategies into product requirements, planned product releases, and will lead end-user testing to develop winning solutions.
The incumbent must have previous experience working in developing world healthcare settings both in rural and urban environments, be technology savvy, and have a passion for human-centered design.
The incumbent must be accustomed to working autonomously, complemented with regular remote communication with colleagues in other time zones.
The is a fulltime position, based in Kenya, with significant travel in the region and to Nigeria, South Africa, and Fio’s head office in Toronto, Canada.
- Translate product vision into technical specifications
- Design and lead research to obtain market information in Africa and other markets as required
- Prototype, test, and gather feedback from end-users
- Drive user feedback into development process
- Determine customers’ needs and desires by specifying research needed to obtain market information.
- Build constructive relationships with government stakeholders
- Assess competitors’ products in the African market
- Collaborate with local and Toronto teams to define local marketing objectives and strategies
- Forecast and establish product delivery timelines and drive African and Toronto teams to meet them
- Improve Fio’s product offerings by proposing new products or configurations to suit the local markets
- Engineering or related degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in health technology
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in hands-on design in a corporate or design environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in African markets
- Minimum 2 years’ leadership experience with experience managing diverse teams
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Results driven and a creative problem solver
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to use judgement to prioritize, multi task, and meet deadlines
- Strong relationship management skills and a team player who can also work independently
- ‘Roll up your sleeves’ orientation
Disclaimer: The information in this profile has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this role.
Interested candidates mayapply HERE.