Fio is seeking to fill the following new position: Qualitative Researcher.
Fio Corporation is the global provider of Fionet™, a system that includes hand-held devices with artificial intelligence to help frontline health workers diagnose and treat like experts, while automatically capturing comprehensive frontline data; it provides real-time analytics and dashboards to remote managers, public health, and policy makers. Fionet transforms the reach, quality, and economics of health care.
The qualitative researcher will be required to conduct a qualitative research study in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). Participants will comprise healthcare workers and possibly Ministry of Health staff. The researcher may need to travel for extensive periods, possibly through rough terrain, to visit rural health facilities.
Optionally, the qualitative reviewer may be requested to do usability testing of Fionet in terms of interface design and navigation. This is not a required function of the position but it is preferred if the applicant has the appropriate skills for this role.
This assignment is expected to be approximately three months in duration including approximately one month in the field.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Oversee protocol design for a qualitative review of the Fionet system in DRC, focusing on user preferences and incentives, UX/UI design usability and program design.
- Conduct the qualitative review in DRC in collaboration with other Fio team-members.
- Conduct usability testing.
- Produce final report with recommendations on the qualitative aspects and usability of Fionet in DRC.
Education, Knowledge/Experience, Skills, Attributes
- Fluent in French and English.
- Eligible to acquire a visa to the DRC (Fio will provide administrative assistance).
- Have strong background and experience in performing qualitative research.
- Candidates with an understanding of mobile health technology, health care in Africa, malaria testing and treatment, and UX/UI usability testing are preferred.
The information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this role.
Interested candidates may send their CVs to the following email address: careers[at]fio.com
Please use the following subject line in the message: Job Application – Qualitative Researcher